Newcastle High School

Quality education in a caring environment

Telephone02 4969 3177

Location and Transport

Find out about our location and transport details to make getting to school safe and easy.

Our school is located at: 

160-200 Parkway Avenue
Hamilton South NSW 2303

Maps end here
Maps end here

Getting to and from school safely

As a parent or carer, it’s your responsibility to get your child to and from school safely. Student safety is our priority.

Keep our school community safe by:

  • driving and parking safely, even if it means parking further away and walking the rest of the way to school
  • being a good role model
  • never calling your child from across the road
  • using the safest place to cross the road.

Subsidised school travel

Transport for NSW provides subsidies to assist school students.

  • The School Student Transport Scheme provides eligible students with free or subsidised travel on public transport between home and school.
  • The School Drive Subsidy may help towards the costs of driving children to school if you live in an area where there is no public transport.

Transport Opal Network General Enquiries

Parents or students with timetable, route or general network enquires for school travel can search the School Services page and view the trip planner for travel options.

Further help is available from the school or contact Transport directly on 131 500.

CDC NSW Hunter Valley Buses School Changes - Commencing 26 June 2023

School Travel Advice - Timetable update available here.

Please remind students they must have a valid Opal card to travel on school buses, and must tap on and off both morning and afternoon.

Students 16yrs+ require a Concession Entitlement Card, see information below.

Secondary Student Concession Card Request Forms (16yrs+)

To be eligible for a concession card students must be 16 years or over and enrolled at Newcastle High School.

Students 16yrs+ must travel with a valid ticket, either a Transport Concession Entitlement Card with them as proof of entitlement to use in conjunction with a child/youth card, otherwise adult fare will need to be paid. Fines may be issued by Transport Officers for travelling using an invalid ticket.

CLICK HERE for the School Concession Card Request Form

Completed forms can be returned by email to:

Subject: Transport

Alternatively students can collect and return form from the school library office.

If a student has previously been issued with a concession card and it has been damaged, lost or stolen you can request a replacement card using the below form.

Secondary Student Transport Concession Card Replacement Application Form